Friday, September 2, 2011

Galway is the Best City in the World

Well, perhaps I cannot really say that seeing as how I would have needed to visit every single city before making such a declaration. However, I have a feeling that I will never love a place as much as I love that gorgeous little city on Ireland's coast. I was only frustrated with my dear, sweet Galway for a brief instant upon arriving at a different bus stop as last time and thus being uncertain of where the hostel was. Though, it was not the city's fault, really, it was my memory's. The hostel was just as nice as last time, perhaps even more so because this time we had a room en suite.

The first night there was a Saturday, and I was not ready at all for the sheer insanity of the city on the weekend. Last time I was in Galway it was mid week during the end of March, thus the pubs were esentially empty. This time, it was certainly not the case. All of the women were dressed to impress which Dianna and I certainly did not do, we decided to sport the jeans and long sleeve shirts look. This was remedied the second night however after we felt completely out of place on the first.

We still had fun, however, we went to the hot spots in town and could barely squeeze through the crowds. We met the usual dose of strange people but also some nice ones throughout the night. There was a shocking amount of stag and hen parties (as they refer to bachellor and bachellorette parties) about, and it was just an overall crazy amount of people.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...