Friday, November 20, 2015

The Secret To Fishing

Breaking news for all you fishermen and women out there: you've been fishing wrong this whole time. Last summer while vacationing in Minnesota, I discovered the key to catching fish every time you set out to do so. Do I have you hooked? There's a little fishing humor for ya...

In Minnesota, there are many species of fish that people attempt to catch with fancy rods, bait, lures... the works. Some take to the lake to catch walleyes, whereas some have the goal of hooking the elusive northern pike. Yeah, I know my midwestern fish species, big whoop, wanna fight about it?


Since I first began to fish all the way until last summer during my time in Minnesota, I would go out on the boat, rod in hand, dreaming of catching a giant fish. I'd take the monster off the hook and hold it up proudly like fishermen do in pictures. I went a little crazy trying to achieve this dream, as no walleyes nor pikes nor anything really seemed interested in my bait. We would often spend hours casting and casting only to return to land empty handed. Of course, my relatives always caught one or two eventually, but it always seemed to take a long time and a good deal of trial and error trying to find the part of the lake in which the fish were lurking.

Seldom catching any fish, and never the kind I wanted, weighed heavily on me and I felt shrouded in disappointment. One day on my recent trip, my little cousins were fishing off the dock and seemed to be catching fish after fish. Granted, these weren't ones that would be considered impressive by any stretch of the imagination, but still, they experienced the thrill of constantly reeling in fish. I decided to give it a try.

This method immediately made fishing enjoyable. Because of the relatively shallow water, I could actually see the fish I intended to catch. Cheating? Maybe, but super awesome. So the key to constantly catching fish, albeit tiny ones, is to just fish for the ones no one wants! You're welcome for sharing the key to making fishing the most fun and successful hobby you can imagine.

My giant catch!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...