Sunday, December 23, 2012

Santa and Hermione Granger have more in common than you would think...

While driving home from yoga this morning, a Christmas carol with a name I do not know came on and told me that "just exactly at 12 o' clock" Santa would be coming down my chimney on Christmas. If anyone but Santa were foretold to be coming down my chimney at all, I would be oh so minorly perturbed. But he is chubby and seems like a laid-back guy with the good intention of leaving gifts and filling stockings. He can come down my chimey anytime. Why did that just sound dirty?

Anyways, alongside filling my mind with images of a chubby old man trying to fit down a chimney, I couldn't help but wonder about the logistics of him arriving at "just exactly 12 o' clock" to shimmy down EVERY chimney in the entire world. Even when taking different time zones into consideration, there are so many households per time zone that it still does not fit into the realm of reason. Then the story started to sound vaguely familiar- being in multiple places at once... hmmm...

Then it hit me like an avalanche (only a little less severe of a hit since I could still breathe and did not suffer a claustrophobia-induced panic attack from being packed in snow and not knowing which way was up). Hermione Granger and her time-turner! I'm pretty sure the time-turner did not come from Hogwarts administration but rather from a big jolly man dressed up in red. It all makes sense now! Of course, his circumstances bear a bit more weight than a bright witch wanting to overachieve in school. The happiness of the world's children rests in his hands. Maybe his time-turner has more power than hers? At least the secret of just how Santa does it is now revealed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...