Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Coffee Love

My adoration for the magical beans more miraculous than those of Jack from the world of fairy tales runs deeper than a mother’s love for her first born. Unless her first born is a terrible child, in which case she may opt for the second-born, if she is lucky enough to have that option.



Drinking coffee, for me, has always been a sensual experience that I hold dear to my heart. The smell alone of coffee grounds, brewing coffee, and a piping hot cup of java extracts treasured memories buried deep in my mental storage bins and brings them to the forefront of my mind. Drinking coffee creates a panoply of emotion and transports me to so many moments in my past. Sipping decaf after dinner at my grandparents’ house, waking up in the wee hours of the morning before college, after mass receptions, volunteer work, conversations at Starbucks with friends and family, travels to different countries, sipping a latte in the Elephant Café in Edinburgh, Scotland… I could go on listing memory after memory for hours. But, I will spare you. If you truly desire to read a list of all of my coffee memories, send me a message and I will compose one for you.

I am at a loss as to how so many people can start their days and just live in general without coffee. The alluring aroma wafting through the air is easily my favorite smell. Even merely imagining the scent in the morning quickly puts me at ease by giving me a very enticing reason to get out of bed.

Because it solves EVERY problem, of course

People have ample opportunities to bond over the beverage born of the little brown bean (unintended alliteration there). The gift of coffee in any form (instant, grounds, iced coffee, or a gift card to a nearby café) is, hands down, the best anyone can give. Meeting for a cup of Joe is the perfect way to catch up with friends, connect with new acquaintances, or kick-start a budding romance (and, if it started over coffee, that’s a love that will likely last a lifetime [there I go with the alliteration again!]). 



Call me a caffeine addict. Call me a java junkie. Call me the coffee queen. Call me whatever other coffee-associated nickname you please. I’d embrace them all. The love of coffee is universal among at least some citizens of every country, and acts as a unifying force throughout the world. I am proud to identify as a coffee lover.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...