Sunday, May 25, 2014

Crazy Dream

Yes, I realize that other people's dreams are the last thing you probably want to read/hear about, and I would normally refrain from putting you through such torture, but last night's mental movies were far too bizarre to not share.

Story One: The "365 Days for the Earth" Girl

So in this segment of my dream, the first of various short stories stitched together, I was walking and spotted a girl that I knew back when I lived in Los Angeles. She started a conversation with me by saying "I only have four days left" and I responded "until what?" and she said "until I can shower again." So of course my curiosity was piqued and I inquired as to why she couldn't shower and she said that she was doing the "365 Days for the Earth Challenge" which required that she not use running water, electricity, or any technology for an entire year. I then noted that her hair "didn't look that greasy" and we went our separate ways. The most comical part of this is that she is probably the least likely girl to do that kind of challenge.

Story Two: The Dog that Could Only Eat Cheese

So the next little mini segment of my dream that I remember involved two of the children I used to babysit. Their parents had bought them a new West Highland White Terrier puppy and while I was taking care of them, they informed me that we had to feed him and he would only consume vast amounts of cheese so I kept cutting huge chunks of aged cheddar which would have far outweighed the dog and throwing it in his bowl.


Story Three: Tyrion Lannister, Beyonce and Jay-Z

Okay, later on, I was wandering down a street that I think exists somewhere in San Francisco with Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones. Not the actor who plays Tyrion, Peter Dinklage, but Tyrion himself. Apparently it was around Halloween because we were en route to a haunted house. Inside, there were a ton of celebrities. Tyrion greeted Beyonce first by saying "hey, Beyonce, what song you singing?" and she ignored him completely. Then we passed Jay-Z and Tyrion asked him what rap he was planning to preform and received no response again. That is all I remember about that segment.

How dare you ignore Tyrion, Beyonce in my dream!


Story Four: Returning the Food

Okay, this is the longest portion of the crazy dream that I remember, and probably the most bizarre. I had come into the possession of a Groupon for use at some mall food court, and I was hanging out with my boyfriend Alex and friend Molly and they both wanted Asian fusion but I, of course, wanted Indian. I went to the Indian place in the food court and they informed me that I could not use the Groupon on the lunch buffet, and I asked if I could order something to go and they said no. So I got all pouty and decided to go to the Asian fusion place. I ordered two really odd sounding items off of the menu because they said they were dairy-free and she handed me something that looked like a bowl of soup and a milkshake with a ton of whipped cream. Once we got in the car, some sort of odd convertible with the top off, I freaked out because I realized they gave me completely the wrong food. Alex said that I should just wait to bring it back until tomorrow because we were already halfway back to Boulder. The next day I took the food out of a refrigerator located in the conference room at a place I used to work, and as Alex and I were driving back to the mall to return it, the soup started sloshing all over the place and I began to panic saying that they would never take back the food in that condition.

The end. I guess that is what happens when you take 5-HTP and melatonin before bed (it's an herbal thing I swear). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...