Saturday, November 19, 2011

Recipes

Hello to anyone who still checks this periodically. I am going to do this new thing where I write down the recipes that I try out and think are worthwhile to share, since I have decided that I want to begin bettering my knowledge of the culinary world. You all can join me in my endeavor! I know you are all excited.
The first one I am going to post is one that I tried last night and was only somewhat of a success. It is called a "Pecan Pie Martini", and I kind of got the idea from a specials menu at a restaurant (shhhh, don't tell!). It was good, but REALLY sweet and REALLY strong at the same time. So, just be VERY prepared for an intense drink. If that is what you are looking for, however, then this is perfect.

Pecan Pie Martini:
Ingredients:
1) Butterscotch Schnapps
2) Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
3) Three Olives Cake Vodka

You can play around with the portions for this a bit, we first tried doing 4 ounces total per drink, 2 ounces of Frangelico and one of the other two types of alcohol and then we tried doing 2 ounces of schnapps and one of each of the other two. It really depends on what you want more of taste-wise. Dip rims of martini glasses into corn syrup and then into brown sugar. Pour liquor combination into a shaker and shake, then pour into martini glasses and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...