Friday, February 3, 2012

Demetri Martin likes Cold Places

Hence why he chose Boulder to visit. And lucky for him, it was snowing during the show. Not so lucky for those of us having to drive home afterwards. Anyways, the show was absolutely everything one would want from a Demetri Martin show- hilarious, and just a little bit awkward. His opener was Levi MacDougall and he was pretty funny, but a little bit hit or miss- he had a strange sense of humor. I did like him overall, one of his best jokes was about how he was from Canada and having issues adjusting to our temperature here in the states- "it's so fareinheighty!".

I truly enjoyed Demetri Martin's preformance style. He takes time out of his show to ask the audience if there is anything particular they want him to talk about. I liked that, it made the show a lot more personable- would have been nice if half of the audience would be a little less moronic. The "awkward" part of the show happened when an obnoxious girl behind Christine and I screamed "please sign my poster!!!" when Demetri was asking us if we wanted him to talk about anything. He said he would gladly do so after the show, but she obnoxiously insisted that he sign it right at that moment. So, he reluctantly let her come on stage and said that he would do so as long as he could give her a brief interview. It was kind of painful to watch- she was a highschool student and every question he asked her she got really nervous and gave one word answers. I think if you are going to annoy a professional comedian, you should at least be entertaining.

Anyways, that awkward situation and various technical issues aside, the show really was amazing and my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. He had a ton of new material and threw in some old jokes as well. One of my favorite of his new jokes was that "people think that their pets are way more into Halloween than they actually are". Ha! So true...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...