Sunday, February 5, 2012

Madonna's a Bit too Old for That...

I cannot tell you how many times I thought that during the Superbowl halftime show. I just felt uneasy watching her perform, especially since she was wearing those beastly heels. I guess when you are at the age where it's necessary to have five men assist you in doing a cartwheel, it means you probably should not be doing one. General rule of thumb, perhaps. Also, I loved the lack of effort trying to make it seem like she was actually singing. I mean, she might as well have announced to the world "why yes, I AM lip-syncing!". I do not want to be too hard on Madonna, I mean I personally like her music, but I just could not get into the show. I was too worried about her falling and breaking something. She does, of course, look great for her age but in this time of Botox, Botox and more Botox, what celebrity doesn't look amazing in their 50s? The theatrics of the show were impressive, but I was a little creeped out by some of the guy dancers, particularly the one on the tightrope who looked like Bob Ross and was jumping around for some unknown reason.

As for the game itself... not to gloat, but I once again predicted the winner... no big deal. I do wish that people would get off of Tom Brady and Eli Manning's cases, I mean who really knows what they are like in real life and who really cares all that much? People sort of need to get over it and just watch the game, I think. The Giants deserved to win with the way they played- I was happy for them. Lots of good plays, and I was certainly perched on the edge of my seat by the end. The winning touchdown was absolutely hilarious as well; falling backwards to make a touchdown?? Good stuff.

The commercials were not too thrilling in my opinion. I was even less impressed by the movie trailers. I really wanted the one for the new Batman movie to air, and I was disappointed. I did chuckle at some of the ads, of course, but none of them really blew me out of the water. Also, I do not recall ever having seen so many car commercials in a row before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...