Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What do the Bad Guys do When They get Home?

The other day, I was enjoying the classic film One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest with my grandparents. Aside from noticing that Jack Nicholson was quite attractive in his younger days, I also could not help asking myself about nurse Ratchett's life outside of the asylum. I just cannot really even imagine what she must be doing when she goes home at night. She is so incredibly evil that I can't see her having a normal, functional life upon exiting the ward. But, who knows? Even villans have their hobbies I suppose. Maybe she is married and goes home to manipulate her husband and make him miserable. Or maybe she just sits alone in the dark brainstorming new ways to make her patients miserable. But on the other end of the spectrum, it could be a completely ironic situation where she just goes home, cooks dinner and watches the latest sitcom on TV before taking a nice warm bath and going to bed.

This whole idea in itself could be a popular spin-off series based on the film. I can see it now- every episode would begin with her leaving the asylum for the evening while the opening credits scrolled and some quirky, Seinfeld-style music played in the background. Oh, the silly situations she would get into! All I need is a catchy name for the show... any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...