Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Overseas Drinking Age?

I am writing this on a plane. How cool is that? Not all that interesting, I guess, seeing as how I will need to wait until I land and have internet access to post this. Anyways, being on a plane always gives me a little too much time to think, thus giving random thoughts all-too-easy access to enter into my mind. At this moment, I am waiting for the flight attendant to come by so I can order a glass of wine. Well, I guess technically it will be a plastic cup of wine, but I say it’s the concept of me ordering alcohol on a plane that counts. I do not know why I am so excited to do so.
Now, the thing I am wondering is what is the drinking age on international flights? If I were 18 and flying from New York to Germany, would I be allowed to order an alcoholic beverage? Does it depend on where the airline is based? Or is there some sort of imaginary line drawn over the ocean which divides the 18 drinking age from the 21 drinking age? Maybe no one actually thinks about random stuff like this except me. Next time I am on an international flight, I am definitely going to ask about this scenario. Not like it affects me anymore, though, seeing as how I am at an age where I can drink in any country as far as I know.
Alright, it has been like 30 minutes and the flight attendant has still not come by! What does a person have to do to get a nice Merlot around here? Just kidding. Wow, this post is spastic. I should just end it now…but I’m not going to, because I just had another random thought.
This next thought is nothing new, I have always been bothered by it personally, but maybe it is just me. Does anyone else get annoyed by bad grammar in song lyrics? I have previously posted about a rap song, where the grammatical offender states that “ain’t nobody list’nin to ma’ mix tape!”. What kind of a sentence is that? Does anyone even know what it means? Now, rap lyrics are pretty bad on this scale, but we all know that the worst offender is country. The particular song which bothered me to the point of wanting to write about it was the song “Chicken Fried”. Don’t get me wrong, I really love this song, it is definitely the kind of music I want to click my heels to, but I cannot stand it when he sings “a pair of jeans that fit just right”. I don’t know why this statement rubs me the wrong way so much. It is not even a big deal; it almost sounds better that way. But it should be “a pair of jeans that fits just right”, because it is a PAIR of jeans, which is a singular subject. Wow, I am a freak. Ok, officially cutting off my wandering mind now! And no, I cannot give you back the time that you spent reading this. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...