Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Off Limits License Plates?

As I was driving today and my eyes beheld countless combinations of letters on license plates, my curiosity was piqued. As the availability of combinations of letters continues to decrease, will the fact that some would easily rile unfavorable reactions deter their use? I feel awkward enough driving around with XON on my car, potentially implying my favor of the gasoline company. I think I am safe from judgements of other drivers, however, as the DMV employee who gave me my license plates informed me that the XON letter combination is extremely common at this point. There would be a lot of combinations illiciting far worse reactions, however; can you imagine driving behind a license plate reading KKK? KGB? And it is getting even more questionable in the age of text message abbreviations. Would LOL and OMG be skipped over as viable combinations due to their associations and the ridicule likely to be faced by drivers of cars wielding them? On that same note, since OMG and LOL are only recently recognized acronyms in society, could they be retroactively changed by drivers who had those combinations when first registering their vehicles? Wow, the thoughts my mind wanders to when I'm bored depress me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...