Thursday, May 10, 2012

Life Lessons

Today, more life lessons wiggled their way into my brain than would have while reading one of Aesop's fables. I will now be passing on my newfound knowledge to you, my dear readers.

1) Complain about bad experiences
My loyal readers will recall a post written awhile back about my anger following an atrocious experience with the customer service of Orbitz. After writing a strongly worded letter to their complaints department, I recieved an e-mail from them informing me that they were deeply sorry for my inconvenience and would be providing me with a 50 dollar voucher to use for any of their services in the future. Woo!

2) Open letters even if they seem like spam
I had closed my account with a certain bank a couple of months ago, and thus assumed that the letter from them which arrived in the mail today was one of those credit card offers which are more obnoxious than the small world song. However, I opened it anyways and to my joy was informed by the paper inclosed that a transfer from an old eBay purchase had been added to my old account. I went to the bank and was handed a lovely wad of cash.

3) Don't be afraid to do a little haggling
There was a dress I wanted from a store, and it had a stain on it which I knew I could remove, but I decided to ask the cashier if she would generously give me a discount because of it. She said yes, and I got it for 10% off!

This is not a life lesson, but just something cool that happened- my Starbucks card was not working on their machine so they gave me my drink for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...