Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SuperShuttle- Super Safe!

It's good to know that when you ride with SuperShuttle, you are in the care of some of the most secure shared van-drivers' hands. Do you detect sarcasm? Because you should. I cannot pinpoint which aspect of the ride from LAX to my apartment I loved the best. Let's mull it over together, shall we?

1) Ironically, despite the overwhelming presence of signs urging van riders to buckle up for safety, there was no buckle for my seatbelt. Since it was the last available space, this inconvenience forced me to do without for the duration of the journey. Safety strike 1, SuperShuttle...

2) The driver of the van managed the Los Angeles roads worse than an old woman with cataracts in both eyes declared legally blind by multiple eye doctors. He constantly fiddled around with the GPS attempting to determine his route. This would not have been an issue had he done so prior to driving, yet he was looking down at it and typing in addresses while fighting the infamous LA traffic. Doesn't put passengers in the best frame of mind. Even more assuring was the fact that riders had to inform the driver when the light turned green.

Perhaps the most depressing aspect of the ride was that I hardly cared how long the trip took because I had absolutely nothing better to do. It is sad when you use a SuperShuttle ride to unclog excess time from the arteries of life. 

1 comment:

  1. Marisa: I'm sorry to read about your experience. Have you reported the incident to customer care by chance? If not, please email your confirmation number or van number (if you have it) so that we can notify the local GM. The address is customercare@supershuttle.net. Thank you! - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...