Sunday, August 25, 2013

Who Wrote THAT Country Song?

The lyrics describing my life at this moment would go something like this:

Oooooh I'm just sittin here on the floor,
In a tiny square right by the door,
It's the only place, ain't gonna lie,
Where this hotel has any WiFi

Now, normally I would add a couple of verses in poor grammar about how I ate grilled fish with two Canadians and two men from Milwaukee and then had a stray dog follow us back to the hotel, but it seems I left my guitar back in Colorado (a line which in itself could be a lyric). Yet the guitar being gone leaves me no choice but to hand it off to some other country singer who wishes to polish it off.

Quirky charms about Costa Rica pop up like an abundance of Jacks-in-the-Box (or Jack-in-the-Boxes?). One, okay this isn't charming simply bizarre and hard to remember, they never flush any toilet paper down the toilet. Ever. It always goes in the trash can. Also, the amount of stray dogs wandering about and trying to squeeze through your thigh trying to block them from entering your hotel room gives the illusion that there are more lonely stray animals than people in this city.

In the states, you may look up at the ceiling before bed. Some of you might be looking at a Carmen Elektra poster, some may be cowering beneath a spider and yet, lucky me, when I look up I see a bright green gecko that could either be the one saving me money on my car insurance or the mascot for Sobe beverages. Whichever he is, I am sad to say that he is most welcome as my only friend in my lonely two bed hotel room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ireland Part One of Part One: Two Planes, A Bus, And Air BN

  I play Pokemon Go, something I am neither proud nor ashamed of. I feel like there is a stigma about us Pokemon Goers, but if I try to make...