Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reflections and Spiders

Just like mirrors, we humans need to reflect sometimes. Though, I guess if you are a mirror you would be reflecting 24x7, and that must get mentally draining. I mean, think about it- if a mirror tries to reflect on itself in another mirror it would probably just come down with a severe headache. A mirror's reflection is just craziness, like an Alice In Wonderland tunnel. Okay, I'm not sure if I am making sense anymore.

Today, I reflect on my juice cleanse which leads me to conclude that it was worthwhile. Today, I enthusiastically chowed down my breakfast like a ravenous beast, thus having the obvious result of a stomach ache. So, for lunch, guess what I am having? Juice. That's right. Carrot, beet, celery, spinach, ginger, cayenne, cucumber and kale juice, to be precise. My body officially dislikes food. It turns it away like a child who turns up their nose when offered a plate of broccoli. Hopefully I come around by dinner time, because I am craving pasta.

On another note, I have realized that spiders and Californians seem to have a mutual respect for each other to the point where they are almost friends. There is one massive web that hangs over my head as I walk to my apartment which could easily be taken down with a broom, but no one ever does it. And the spider inhabiting that thing is not little by any means- in fact, I consider it more like the Godzilla of spiders. He has been there for so long I decided to name him Hank. I check to see if he is inhabiting his web when I walk under. I also noticed an arachnid hanging out in his web outside of my bathroom window. If Hank is Godzilla Spider, this unnamed outside of bathroom spider is Godzilla's weight-lifting, steroid-using brother. I have not named him yet because I just noticed him a few days ago. Also, why do I assume all spiders are males?

I admit it took me awhile to acclimate to being in the presence of mutant spiders seemingly related to the one that bit Peter Parker, but now I do see them as my little buddies. They go about their business and I go about mine. The only beef I have with the spindly-legged creatures is when they build their webs at night in places where I can't help but run into them. It makes me feel like Frodo in Shelob's lair, and that's not a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...