Saturday, October 6, 2012

Second Attempt

Well, it's official- I have restarted my detox. I made the decision after my dreams were haunted by veggies taunting me that they defeated me in my last go-around. I don't take too kindly to mockery by vegetables, so with revamped determination, my journey to kick their butts has begun again.

The juice cleanse consists of six juices and two alkaline waters spaced out throughout the day. Four are based on greens- kale, romaine, celery, cucumber, you name it- and two are called "Master Cleanse" and are comprised by agave, water, lemon and cayenne pepper. Amazingly, the latter is scrumptious!

11:47 AM on Day 1:

Well, so far I have consumed one water (chlorophyll, which tastes less algae-y [not that I have ever tasted algae] the second time you try it) and one green juice and one master cleanse. I feel fine at the moment- not hungry or tired, just a little bit out of it. I read what to expect, and it said day 2 is when the cranky pants really start to ride up your legs.

4:39 PM on Day 1:

I am down to two juices. Currently, my throat is tingling with the spice of cayenne courtesy of the Master Cleanse. My mood is actually peaking for the day- I am overcome with euphoria, probably due to starvation. We'll see how long this good mood lasts....

7:30 PM on Day 1:

Apparently it lasts at least three hours, because I still feel fantastic and rearin' to go and I am only halfway through my last juice. The hardest part of today was when the mother of the girl whose party I was running brought in a red velvet cake and told me to take a slice home. Guess what my first food will be following day 4??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...