Saturday, March 28, 2015

Detox Day Two

I awoke with a rather pressing dilemma. I couldn't decide whether to drink my first juice before yoga, in spite of the fact that I wasn't famished by any stretch of the imagination. However, doing yoga on a completely empty stomach brought on the hunger beast pretty quickly, so in retrospect, before may have been better.

Day Two:
9:25- Juice one "Sweet Greens" was tasty as usual, I have to admit it is only day two and I already feel a bit sick of the green juices. However, in past cleanses, I have had far worse green juices that tasted what I imagine algae tastes like, so this really is a piece of cake (yum, cake sounds amazing).

Nice n' sweaty after yoga!

11:50 AM- I waited a bit long for juice number two as I got a bit distracted with the events of the day. Honestly, if any of my readers out there are considering a juice cleanse, I recommend doing one on a day when you are busy with work or other tasks- when you are, you have no time to obsess over food.

1:50 PM- Something I observed around the time of juice 3, "Sweet Greens," was how insanely parched the cleanse was making me. It's a bit counter-intuitive, really. You would think that drinking nothing but juice all day would mean I wouldn't want to drink anything additional, but not the case. I felt like a weary traveler in the dessert desperate for water all day, and probably downed a good four liters of water.

2:48 PM- I did not wait nearly long enough for the "Spicy Lemonade," but honestly, it's hard to resist such a tasty treat. Also my stomach was growling, begging for it, and who am I to deny it what it wants? Someone who is doing a juice cleanse, that's who...

Hangin with my juice at the beach...
After drinking the lemonade, I ran some errands, which included a stop at Target. I had to walk past a Starbucks, which made me realize that smelling coffee while on a juice cleanse is basically torture. I also experienced a bit of a headache around that time, but it only lasted a bit.

5:45 PM- Drank the fifth juice, "Sweet Greens," and felt satiated. Not much to report there.

7:36 PM- Delicious, coconut delight! I chugged it a bit too fast!

Reflection:
I'm tired. Exhausted. As if I could sleep Rip-Van-Winkle style. I hope that is an accurate reference. I am too tired to care. But, it is a good tired. I feel content and happy! Two days down, one day to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...