Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Californian Complaint

Complaining seems to be the trendy thing to do here so I figured I'd jump on the band wagon and give it the ol' college try as they say. Today I had plenty to complain about, though I still won't stoop to the low of the Californians complaining about the "dreadful weather."

On the bus ride bringing me home from work, I read the entire L.A. Times. That tells you how bad the gridlock was. I read five articles on Senate candidate Akin and how he should exit the race, and how he refuses to do so. Five articles basically all saying the same thing. All I got out of that was that writers for the paper sure have a lot of synonyms for "idiot," and they used every one to describe Akin.

Prior to aforementioned bus ride, I got to deal with a couple of moms who did not understand the meaning of the blatant phrase "we close at 5." That does not mean "we suggest at our establishment that you leave at 5, but you can stay until 5:15 or whenever you want, really." But I guess in their minds they were one and the same. I paced around like an antsy child until they finally packed up their emotional baggage and children and left me in peace to begin shutting down for the evening. Perhaps their delay, thus causing my delay and therefore forcing me to take a later bus, is the blame for my getting stuck in traffic. That's just how the stars aligned today.

I wonder how many traffic-induced Akin articles I will have the pleasure to read tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...