Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Vegan Experiment

Today was my last day before embarking on my experimental 30 days as a vegan with potential to become a permanent change. About 15 minutes ago I fell into a rather nasty food coma after consuming I do not want to know how many calories, including the things I will miss most once going animal-product-free such as cheese, cheesecake and milk chocolate. I feel gross. Hopefully that changes starting tomorrow.

Why am I doing this? I could name about 60 reasons, but the most prominent are my desire to be healthier and more energetic (I have read countless testimonials of people claiming to feel miraculously better after going vegan) and my desire to have less of an impact on the environment. It's not going to be easy- especially when I go out to eat at restaurants. But hopefully the benefits will be worth it. I will keep you all posted on my dietary experiment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...