Tuesday, October 4, 2011

D'accord, Paris, Je T'aime Aussi!

I feel so horrendous for my previous negative statements that I have made towards the lovely, inviting Paris. i do not know why this time was so different, but perhaps it was the weather, perhaps it was the company, perhaps it was what we did and what we saw. Most likely it was the combination of all, but I have completely retracted any negative views about the city.

We were only there for one day, and had a rough time getting to the actual city of Paris because of evil Ryanair and their plotting against humanity, but once we were there I fell in love. Last time I think Paris was going through a rough patch, or having her female monthly-time, but whatever it was she was certainly rude to me and completely made up for it in just one short day and night. Upon arrival, we met up with our friend that we met in Galway and he took us to a charming little restaurant where I ordered in French with complete success and the waiter gave us free rose wine because the guy we were with had been in there the past three days.

Afterwards we got a bottle of wine and enjoyed it along the Seine with Notre Dame right behind us, creating the perfect Parisian atmosphere which one thinks only exists in movies. I can assure you now, it is real- the romantic notions of Paris are completely spot-on.

The next day, we did not have much time but went to see the Eiffel Tower and I actually walked up it this time. The views were gorgeous, although my butt and thighs were hurting for a long time after climbing up all of those stairs. Then we went to the Louvre because Dianna wanted to see Mona Lisa despite my warnings that she was tiny and overrated. But it was alright anyways, I got to see the Spanish paintings that I did not know about during my last visit. After that we met with our friend to say our goodbyes and hopped on the metro to the airport. My heart slightly broke upon leaving such a charming place.

A bientot, Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...