Monday, October 24, 2011

Today is a Marvelous Day

When I awoke today, the birds were singing a much more melodic tune than normal. The sun was beaming in triumphantly through my window, the sky seemed extravagantly blue, and I arose from my bed in a state of calm.

Now, to anyone else, today might have just appeared as normal a day as any, but to me it is particularly special. At five thirty on this marvelous Monday, October 24th, I will be permanently liberated as the nanny of the children with whom I have been spending the past 22 hours a week for the last month.

Today, it will all be over. I am not sure how this last nannying session will go. It could either be pleasently speedy as I remind myself that it is the last time I have to play "ninja teacher" and the last time I deal with the most defiant children I have ever been around. Or, perhaps it will drag down just to make my last moments with them exceedingly painful.

Whatever the case, I am happy, and ready to dive in and start my "big girl" job tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...