Thursday, August 9, 2012

California is Dramatic...

If the LA Times didn't plan it, then the stars aligned for an odd coincidence. On the same day, the online news site published two stories about hair loss: one an entertainment piece about Justin Beiber's comments concerning Prince William's thinning hair. Essentially, the cocky little teen with his full head of hair said he doesn't understand why the British heir doesn't just use propecia. The health section featured a piece on the dangers of Propecia; specifically, the drug's ability to cause depression and decreased sexual function even long after ceasing use. Perhaps the pop star wants the Royal to become less apt in bed so he can seduce Kate and infiltrate the British crown with little Beibers! Conspiracy theory, anyone?

Read Justin's comments: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-justin-bieber-slams-prince-william-hair,0,3410315.story

And the piece on Propecia: http://www.latimes.com/news/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-propecia-depression-20120808,0,3004330.story

In other news, speaking of royals, California indulged her inner-drama-queen yesterday more than ever. It's always something with the high-maintenance coastal state- an earthquake here, a city declaring bankruptcy there... I guess Cali was craving attention more than normal and felt the need to really shake things up to get the nation's attention. Literally, in this case: there was another small earthquake today. Nothing to write home about, but it came soon after a major fire at a California refinery expected to cause gas prices to skyrocket. What did your citizens ever do to you, Cali? Besides love you and brandish your ever-growing ego?

I attest that the state is just trying to rub me the wrong way. What else would explain these events occurring simultaneously with my arrival? I know I am not a California Girl. By Katy Perry's definition, that means I must not be undeniable. I guess I'm not fine, fresh fierce. California and I just can't seem to put aside our differences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...