Friday, March 2, 2012

Australian Mormons

I know you have all seen those commercials where people from all different walks of life tell us about themselves and how wonderful everything is for them and then let us all know their name and that they are a mormon. Typically, they are all bearable, I'm glad that they are so happy in their lives, but there is one that kind of rubs me the wrong way. It is the one narrated by Sarah, an Australian lady who tells us that she used to have a really amazing career and owned a public relations company, but she decided that it was more important to just be a mom and she traded "walking the red carpet" to "walking the clothes out to hang on the line". What kind of message is this?? It sure wouldn't make me want to be a mormon. It makes it sound like you have to give up your career to be happy in life.

http://mormon.org/sarah/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...