Thursday, March 1, 2012

Europeans and Wet Armpits

My thoughts today have been more spastic than the movements of a squirrel with ADD. I'm sure you all loved that analogy. When I got out of the shower, my eyes were scanning all of the bottles lined up along the bathroom counter and stopped on the miniature bottle of roll-on deodorant which I purchased while I was in England. Buying this product was made necessary after I dropped and broke my normal stick deodorant from the states. Now, I am not sure about the rest of the US citizens out there, but I personally cannot stand roll-on deodorant. After you put it on you have to flap your arms around like a retarded chicken to get it to dry before you can put your clothes on, and if you do not give it the proper amount of drying time, it seeps through your clothes to make it ironically look like a sweat spot.

I have noticed a lot of differences between the US and Europe, but not too many when it comes to cosmetics and toiletries. Both countries have the same/similar shampoos and conditioners, body washes, toothpastes, etc. The inability to find a single deodorant in stick form seems completely outside the realm of reason to me. Why would this product be completely unavailable there? Also, why is it that Europeans like a product which seems so inconvenient? Maybe stick deodorants have just not recieved the proper amount of marketing there. I just cannot stand wet pits. Lovely wording, I know...

And that concludes my random thoughts for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...