Thursday, March 8, 2012

Murphy's: You Don't Have to be Irish to Dine There!

Although, I really would not consider the food at Murphy's to be Irish cuisine. The way their menu is set up oozes creativity with subcategories such as "comfort food" which includes things like fish and chips and turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy, and then their "signature entrees" which has more exotic meals like coconut Thai curry. The wall is decked out with art from various parts of the world and witty signs which chortle little jokes like "you can't fall off the floor". The atmosphere is enjoyable- the lights are dim but not to the point where you can't see the person sitting across from you, and it bustles with conversation but not to the point where you feel the need to scream at your immediate neighbor.

The food was decent and reasonably priced, but I can't say it was anything mind blowing or spectacular. I got the BBQ salmon with pesto and red pepper sauce which came with mashed sweet potatoes and grilled squash. The salmon was fantastic- the combination of BBQ, pesto and peppers was pure genius. However, the mashed sweet potatoes were just that- mashed sweet potatoes. They lacked any sort of seasoning (I would have added a dash of cinnamon perhaps?) so were slightly uninspired. The same was the case for the squash- it really could have used a bit of a zip. I was pleased overall though, but once again was cursed with below average service as far as speed goes. Maybe I just have high expectations as to how quickly I should be served?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...