Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What Airline does Kirsten Dunst work for?

I was watching Elizabethtown today and I could not help noticing her flight attendant schedule that seems rather unrealistic, seeing as how I have now been to an interview for that position. I think it is common knowledge that having an ideal schedule as a flight attendant means paying a lot of dues when you first start out. Things like being on-call for 6 days straight, working holidays and weekends, and being on a plane for as long as 12 hours at a time. So, as I was watching this film, I felt it was pretty far-fetched that the Kirsten Dunst character, Claire (or Clare? Whatever) was basically making her whole schedule for herself. What's that Orlando Bloom? You are in Kentucky? Be right there! And then she somehow manages to be free to randomly hang out with him whenever she wants, and go to his dad's funeral, and then magically meet him at the end of his road trip.

Another thing that rubs me the wrong way about the plot of this film is the end when Orlando drives home instead of flies per Kirsten's request. She makes him this elaborate book and some music to accompany his drive, and somehow times all of it perfectly so that she is waiting for him at the exact moment when he gets to a certain spot on the trip. What if he did not follow her schedule to a T? What if he decided that he really liked one town and wanted to stay longer? Then she would have been totally screwed and ended up waiting around and either feeling like an idiot or feeling like she got ditched, or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...