Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Eiffel Tower Will, Like, Totally Alter Your Reality

That is, according to the random Boulder hippie seated at the table next to me while I ate lunch at Noodles. His informing me of this was provoked when he saw my messenger bag depicting the London underground map. Our dialogue went something like this:

Hippie: (pointing at my bag) Woah, what city is that?
Me: London
Hippie: Cool! You been there then?
Me: Yes, it was lovely
Hippie: That's so weird, cuz Paris has one of those too!
Me: You mean.. a metro?
Hippie: Yeah!
Me: That's cool... I think most big cities have one of those though.
Hippie: Have you ever been to Paris?
Me: Yeah, it's great there
Hippie: Dude, tell me you climbed up the Eiffel tower!
Me: Well, my friend and I climbed up most of it, but we didn't want to pay to take the elevator all the way up.
Hippie: (looking completely dumbstruck) Oh man... you totally missed out!! I mean seriously, the top was soooo different from the level down! You could see like, ALL of Paris
Me: Well, we were still pretty impressed, but maybe next time I will go to the top...
Hippie: NO, I mean , you have NO clue how much you missed out on! It like, altered my entire reality and perspective on life!
Me: Well... I guess I will just have to go on with my reality as it is.
And then he asked me what my name was, and I told him, and he said it was nice chatting, and then left. Well, at least these charming encounters that are oh-so-typical of Boulder make for somewhat entertaining stories later. And if I am wrong, and you are not entertained, then too bad, at least this was a short entry.


7/8 of the way up: boring
The tippy top: reality altering

Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...