Friday, March 16, 2012

Brasserie Ten Ten- Feels More French than Paris

Though to be fair, most people say that Paris ought to be classified as a country all on its own. Although my curse with slow service was not broken, the food was fantastic and this downfall just added to the European atmosphere. The waiter had a strong accent; yet another addition to the overall French-ness of the place. Either he was authentically from France or Canada, or just a really good at faking it. He had me fooled, if that was the case.

This little restaurant is nestled on Pearl Street in Boulder right across from the Med. These two restaurants have a similar vibe; a result, perhaps, from their shared ownership or their serving of European cuisine. Brasserie Ten Ten has a fabulously-priced happy hour which offers mouth watering cocktails and tasty bites at irresistible prices. Who can pass up a plate of two ham and cheese or vegetarian crepes for 3 dollars? No one at our table, that's for sure! The vegetarian crepes containing artichoke hearts, cream cheese, arugula, paprika and basil oil were just big enough to whet one's palate and leave you craving more. For those of you who can't refuse a little something from the sea, the anchovies and shrimp cocktail are sure to please, and be sure to treat your inner Zorba the Greek with their olive tapenade.

Wow, this is starting to sound like an obnoxious commercial...

Because there were four of us, it took a few more of these little plates to satisfy our tummies, so we also shared the french fries with truffle aioli, the jambon serrano (to satisfy my father's inner Spaniard) and the cauliflower. Since it was my birthday, I ordered a dessert, and selected some sort of pistachio cake with a scoop of ice cream and drizzled with warm caramel sauce. However, the fact that it was Lent and I gave up dessert cancelled out my ability to eat it, so I had to sit with my hands folded in my lap as my table mates consumed it on my behalf, overtaken with sounds of pleasure and comments comparing the dessert to the "best thing they had ever eaten". I guess I will never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...