Saturday, June 9, 2012

Whiny Citizens Need a Nanny State

Wah, wah, wah. Americans are always whining like little children. And, who does one hire to take care of whiny children? A nanny. So, perhaps the nickname of "The Nanny State" for New York is fitting and well-deserved by her whiny citizens who are, clearly, acting like children. Wah, we can't have our 44 ounce sodas in movie theaters and restaurants! Boo hoo. I guess it is easier for me to say than for others since I grew up in a soda-free household, so I have never once in my life desired the stuff (thank you, Mom and Dad). But even for those who do crave a refreshing Coke every now and then, I cannot think of a single circumstance where 44 ounces of it would be a necessity.

I think Americans complaining about mayor Bloomberg's proposal to ban the sale of sugary beverages more than 16 ounces in certain venues need to take a step back and look at the current status of our nation's overall health. Obesity is just getting worse and starting in younger and younger kids. So instead of saying that this regulation is a horrendous idea, I think that Bloomberg should be congratulated for taking a step in the right direction and attempting to get his state to wield a weapon and start combating obestity and diabetes. I say, GO BLOOMBERG!

If you don't want a nanny, then don't act like a child. It is as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...