Sunday, July 29, 2012

Vegan Potluck

Vegans know how to party. And how to potluck. Yes, I just turned potluck into a verb- please don't report me to the grammar police. I don't want to be incarcerated alongside the people who misuse past participles by saying such atrocities like "I shoulda went."

Back to the focus of this post- vegan potluckers (there I go again inventing vocabulary). I was impressed by what seasoned vegan cooks can do with plant-based ingredients- moist chocolate cake which melts in your mouth, coconut rice with steamed spinach, chili packed with seasoned vegetables... I could go on. But I'm not going to. The supermarket purchases were scrumptious as well- falafel bites accompanied by hummus for dipping, grape leaves bursting with rice and veggies, soy-based mocha ice cream... all enticing enough to make you forget that stomachs have limited capacities. I left holding my belly and groaning like I'd just enjoyed a Thanksgiving feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...