Friday, July 27, 2012

Bees, Santa Monica and Bat Caves

On the brink of exhaustion, I have to ask myself why I decided to come home and blog. Dedication to my readers? Sure, why not.

I ventured out of my bat cave today, providing the world with a rare glimpse of my recently-secluded self. I felt like an endangered species on a nature special, my imagination concocting a BBC voice to document my actions. "The elusive Marisa peeks out from the darkness..." Coincidentally, I dressed like a bee this morning. They are endanged now, right?

Speaking of bees, I saved one from my kitchen today by luring him onto the knife I used to cut an avocado. I held the knife, bee perched upon it, up to the window and off he fllew. Single-handedly solving colony collapse! Ok, maybe not. Wow that was a boring story. It was a slow day in my life.

Santa Monica is a contendor in the battle for my affections raging among various SoCal cities. But it is strange that Santa Monica and Los Angeles are duking it out, since the former is a neighborhood in the latter. It is like twins battling for the love of one man. Maybe not twins, on second thought- Santa Monica and Los Angeles are drastically different- maybe just sisters. In any case, Santa Monica looked lovely draped in a crystal-blue sky. Last time I saw her she was not in her element- shrouded in a cloudy tapesty emitting rain. That was not the case today. I was incessantly charmed.

Okay- I don't care what writing manuals tell me- I am going to end this without giving any thought to the proper way to do so. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...