Thursday, July 19, 2012

Exorcism!

It's all about who you know. Connections, connections, connections. That's what "they" say.

Making the acquaintance of the sound director for the theatrical production of The Exorcist was considerably one of those aforementioned connections. Thanks to him, I obtained free admittance to the show at the Geffen Playhouse. My proudest moment as an audience member was when I realized that I was not starstruck by Brooke Shields in one of the leading roles. She acted well, but I did not feel my eyes widen in awe at her mere presence.

I can sense the anticipation of my blog readers dying to know my thoughts on the production. However, I am tired and want to let my reflections fester a bit more before publishing them on this blog. I will give you this mental tidbit to much on: the play was profound. It did not affect me to the extent of the film, which induced nightmares for months on end. It did come close, however.

Aside from my attendance of the play, my day was a bit mundane. My guitar/singing gig in Culver City introduced me to a charming part of Los Angeles. As I wandered the streets I felt safe, and the cultural vibe rang strong. My performance was less than impressive. However, receiving a free meal as "payment" more than made up for my humiliation at forgetting lyrics. Prior to venturing to Culver City, I spent a good part of the day writing, reading, studying, and running. I have embraced my solitude. I can safely say that I no longer feel lonely despite being technically alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...