Monday, July 23, 2012

Over the River and Through the Woods...

...to Grandmother's house we go! Or in my case, over the traffic-ridden, stress-inducing, pothole-infested SoCal highways and through beach cities along the scenic Pacific coast to Grandma and Grandpa's house in San Diego I go. But, with a few lyrical alterations, it's basically the same song. On that note, does anyone even know the rest of the lyrics to that little diddy?

Yes, I am in San Diego. I figured I would get a visit in before officially-deemed Carmageddon 2 closes a major stretch of the 405 Freeway next month. Though candidly speaking, I have no idea if it would even affect my route. I need to be less dependent on the Garmin. That's going to get me into trouble someday.

Look up "stress" in the dictionary and a picture of me will likely grace the page. Los Angeles is a lot of things: exciting, bustling and diverse, but leaves me craving a sanctuary. My grandparent's house in the hills of San Diego beneath a clear azure sky (once the marine layer dissipates) is just that, and the warmth provided by their loving presence makes the notion of returning to the madness that much harder. Spending time with them is always a treat and this short trip was no exception.

1 comment:

  1. Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house we go.

    The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh through the long and winding road, Oh!

    Over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we go.

    Hmmmm....Hmmmm....

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Blue Lawn Chair

Apparently, I care about lawn chairs. I’ve always known that I typically give inanimate objects personalities and feelings. The “As-is” sect...